About the tea
- TRADITIONAL JAPANESE SENCHA - Smile Tea loose leaf sencha is our prized product. Each bag of natural and traditional Japanese tea is full of anti-oxidants and contains carefully selected, and crafted tea leaves weighing 100 grams in weight.
- NATURALLY GROWN - Our premium Sencha green tea is sustainably grown by farmers in the Kirishima mountain region. Nature supplies the Sencha plant with pure spring water, rich soil from volcanic activity, clean air, and well-balanced sunshine/shade.
- STRAIGHT FROM JAPAN - Our delicious loose leaf green tea is exported from the mountain regions of Kagoshima, Japan. It is shade-grown "Kabusecha" with a hint of floral note along with a flavor full of Umami savory taste.
- CRAFTED BY THE MASTERS - Unlike other Japanese green tea on the market, ours is crafted by our companies 10th-grade tea master. Our family-owned Birouen teahouse has a long and rich history. We specialize in Japanese sencha green tea and have been serving tea for the past 140 years.
- DRINK HOT OR COLD - The sencha tea can either be brewed traditionally with hot boiling water or brewed with ice. For a cold brew place, 3 tea spoon or roughly 9gm of loose tea leaves into a cup and add one or two ice cubes. The brew will be ready when the ice melts.
Umami Savory Sencha loose leaf (Organic), Single origin: Kagoshima, Japan Variety: Saemidori (single cultivar), Manufactured by Birouen in Kagoshima, Japan. Birouen teahouse has 140-year history in tea business. This sencha won gold medal at North America Tea Conference in 2018.
100% Money Back Guarantee
Our Smile tea is also available at Amazon.com. Click Amazon image below.
Highly recommended tea products from "Smile Tea" company!!
I like matcha very much among teas. The feeling is relieved to the rich aroma and taste. Because it is fine powdered green tea, it is very easy to use and you can enjoy warm green tea or cold green tea. Recommended for making matcha latte too. Smile Tea has the kind of safe and high quality organic tea grown in Kagoshima where the mild climate but it is a volcanic region with mineral-rich, fertile soils.
Japanese Smile Tea
Thank you very much for the great review in detail. Matcha is a kind of fine powdered green tea, and it's called as a superfood, so that we can absorb the nutrition easily. And yes, Kagoshima is located at the most southern place in Kyusyu, Japan. And is surrounding by active and dormant volcanoes, so our teas are planted in the mild climate and fertile soils. Those factors made our tea grow healthy and delicious. :) Thank you again for the review and the recommendation of making matcha. I also like to make matcha latte by using our SMILE TEA matcha at home too!!
Excellent quality, I love green tea and this one is fabulous! Recommend it!
This is really great tea. The best Sencha anywhere!
Best Sencha around!
Excellent as always
It is an excellent tea, the best anywhere!